Dicks Sporting Goods Minnetonka
Ice Fishing Gear & Equipment for Winter Adventure
Take on the tundra with performance ice fishing gear from DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Be prepared for your next excursion. Whether you’re dead-sticking on the lake or working a finesse jig, the right iced fishing equipment is the difference-maker you need. Best of all, the latest ice angling gear is crafted for hassle-free use and maximum durability for the elements.
Get ready with ice fishing rods and ice fishing reels or complete ice fishing combos. Portable heaters and ice fishing shelters help protect you from Mother Nature. Drill in with precision ice augers. Su8it up with proper ice fishing apparel and ice fishing accessories. Make the most of your outing with waterproof boxes, fish flashers, underwater cameras and much more.
Outfit yourself for anything with thermal ice fishing outwear and clothing. Get the quality you need from the top brands in the sport, like Clam Outdoors®, Shakespeare®, St. Croix®, Jiffy® and Strikemaster®.
Use these guidelines for choosing your ice fishing gear. Remember to bring along food, drinks, blankets and even a portable grill, along with these essentials:
- Look for ice fishing clothing that is both windproof and waterproof yet breathable. Details like plush fleece lining adds soft warmth while pockets and zippered compartments let you easily stash away tools and small essentials.
- You can find ice fishing shelters designed for one or multiple people. Look for a sturdy, durable construction that is mildew and fade-resistant. Select an ice shelter that rolls up into a carry bag for simple transport. Choose a shelter with accessible areas to fish in comfort.
- Anglers can select from manual/hand augers or power augers. Power augers commonly run on gasoline, propane or batteries, while manual drills are lightweight and more compact in design—ideal for packing or traveling. Powered drills, however, offer better speed for effectively boring into ice.
- If you’re opting for artificial bait, you should select a rod with fast action. The tips of these rods are sensitive to even the lightest bites, while the rest of the blank remains rigid for strength while fighting fish. Medium-action rods are ideal for finesse jigging or dead sticking. These rods flex in the middle and absorb shock from aggressive movements.
- Blanks are typically composed of graphite, fiberglass or composites. Graphite blanks are lightweight and sensitive, while fiberglass is more durable in freezing temperatures. If you want a more pronounced feel on hits, choose a graphite blank. If you're using a bobber as a hit indicator, opt for fiberglass.
You might also like
Real Spark Womens Sexy Black Style Resin Floral Body with Gold & Silver Y Statement Necklace Gold Plated
What is the uniform for Dicks Sporting Goods Employees.
khakis and a green polo...wear whatever shoes you want. no sandals/flip flops obviously