Dicks Sporting Goods employee discount
Are you looking for work? Maybe a part-time job while you go to school, or perhaps something seasonal for the holiday shopping season. Part of your decision on where to apply could very well hinge on what kind of employee discount the retailer hands out. After all, if you like the store enough to regularly buy stuff from them, you stand a good chance of actually enjoying working there. I was pretty darn impressed with many of these employee discounts that I discovered and makes me wish I had time for a part-time job so I could take advantage! Here is what I found (in alphabetical order):
Employee Discounts That Are Worth Knowing:
- Abercrombie & Fitch: 40% discount for full time A&F employees and 30% off for part time workers.
- Aeropostale: Directly from the Aeropostale website, “We offer a 30% discount on all of our clothing at all times of the year. Periodically, we offer a 50% accelerated discount on new clothing lines.”
- American Apparel: 50% discount plus a sweet free $200 to buy clothing when first hired. You’re going to need it as they require you to dress from head to show in American Apparel clothing.
- American Eagle Outfitters: Get a job at American Eagle and score a 40% discount and 50% off during the week when new seasonal styles come in to the store.
- Ann Taylor & AT LOFT: According to their website, they offer “a generous Associate discount of 50% off all full-priced products and 20% off non-full priced products.” Turns out kids and spouses are also eligible to get the discount. I’m guessing my wife would love it if I got a job at Ann Taylor.
- Anthropologie: 40% on apparel, 25% on home, but NO discount on sale items.
- Apple Store: On your first day of employment you’ll be eligible for a 25% discount on the iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. Smart move as a worker who owns the product will have a much greater understanding of how it actually works.
- Banana Republic: Get a job at GAP Inc. and get 50% off full-priced items at Gap and Banana Republic. You’ll also get 25% off at your local Old Navy.
- Barnes & Noble: Good news if you love Starbucks as you get 50% off all cafe items, 30% off book floor and miscellaneous merchandise, and 20% off anything in the music department.
- Barney’s: Get a job at Barney’s and score a 30% employee discount.
- Bass Pro Shops: They offer a 40% discount on Bass Pro Shop branded stuff and up to 20% off everything else.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: 20% discount from the BB&B that you are employed at.
- Best Buy: After a 3 month waiting period, Best Buy employees are able to buy merchandise at wholesale cost + a 10% markup. This is a pretty sweet deal, especially on HDTV’s that have a notoriously high markup. They recently capped the employee discount at nothing more than 50% of the MSRP.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods: They offer a 10-20% discount depending on the product.
- Bloomingdales: Get a paying gig at Bloomingdales and build your wardrobe for 20% off.
- Cabela’s: They offer a tiered employee discount based on seniority. Varies from 10% off to 40% off Cabela’s branded merchandise.
- Club Monaco: 50% off regular priced items once your employment starts.
- Cost Plus World Market: Cost Plus gives a generous 20% employee discount for part and full time workers.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Dick’s Sports will give you a 25% discount on full-priced items.
- Eddie Bauer: Score a 30% employee discount while working at Eddie Bauer.
- Express: Get hired part-time by Express and you’ll have access to a 30% off discount while full-time employees get 40% off. Also, on occasion they’ll offer an additional 15% off.
- Finishline: Get a job at Finishline and get 30% off all shoes and apparel.
- Footlocker: 30% off except for monthly Friends & Family weekends, where you get 50% off at Footlocker.
- GAP: Get 50% off full-priced items at both Gap and Banana Republic. Also, you’ll get 25% off at Old Navy.
- Gamestop: Employees at Gamestop get a 15% discount, excluding all gaming systems.
- H&M: H&M will happily give employees a 25% discount on all items.
- Hobby Lobby: Get a job at Hobby Lobby and immediately take advantage of a 15% employee discount on everything.
- Hollister: Hollister gives a 20% employee discount that is not valid on clearance items.
- J.Crew: J.Crew has one of the best employee discount programs going right now. You’ll be able to save 50% off 5 full-priced items each month. You can also get 30% off full-priced merchandise, 50% off sale merchandise and 60% off select items that are very slow-selling.
- JCPenney: 20% off merchandise and 10% off small appliances and furniture at JCPenney. They also are known to have “Special employee days” where everything is 30% off
- J.Jill: J.Jill offers a very liberal 40% discount to full-time and part-time employees.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics: Corporate gives employees a 20% discount along with a couple times a year where it’s higher.
- Kmart: Save 20% off apparel, 25% off food at Kmart restaurants and 10% off Two Hearts Maternity.
- Kohl’s: Get hired at Kohl’s and you’ll have instant access to a very nice 15% employee discount.
- Lands’ End: Work for Lands’ End and you’ll score a sweet 20% employee discount.
- L.L. Bean: Save 33.3-40% off at regular LL Bean stores. 25% off at outlet locations.
- Levi Store: 30% off all apparel with the Levi brand on it somewhere.
- Limited, The: By working at The Limited you’ll get 40% off regular-priced merchandise.
- Lowe’s: 10% off discount to employees at Lowe’s which is cool as Home Depot has no employee discount.
- Macy’s: 20% off, plus special days at Macy’s where they’ll give you a bonus 20% off your already low 20% off employee price.
- Mens Wearhouse: 50% discount which is smart as you want employees wearing suits and looking sharp.
- Michaels: You’ll get a 25% off discount by working at Michaels. They also have a few days a year where you can get a 40% or 50% discount.
- Modell’s Sporting Goods: Modell’s has a terrific 30% employee discount available to all workers.
- Nordstrom: All Nordstrom employees get an impressive 20% off while all managers get 33% off. Plus, they have even higher employee discount on specific days throughout the year.
- Old Navy: Get hired at Old Navy and you’ll be eligible for 25% off everything and 50% off at Gap and Banana Republic (full-priced items).
- PacSun: 50% off full-priced items and 10% off all sale items when you work at PacSun.
- PetSmart: PetSmart gives employees a fairly generous 15% off discount.
- Pier 1 Imports: Get a job at Pier 1 and you’ll get a 25% employee discount from day 1.
- Radio Shack: Score 30% off their own “branded” stuff and 10% off everything else.
- REI: I love this employee discount! From the REI site, “50% discounts on REI Gear and Apparel, free gear rentals for personal use from any REI store and 30% off our...
You might also like
Easton Speed T-Ball Bat 2015 (-11)
What is the uniform for Dicks Sporting Goods Employees.
khakis and a green polo...wear whatever shoes you want. no sandals/flip flops obviously