Home Goods area Rugs
We’re all used to layering our clothes, but how many of us can claim to be rug-layering experts? When I layer rugs in my home, I follow these five simple steps. Try them out–they might open your eyes and help you think outside the box.
1. Mix and match textures. When it comes to rugs, I love mixing textures. From a jute rug to a wool rug, try to layer textures that are complementary to each to achieve a nice effect.
Photo by Style MBA
2. Add contrast. I always prefer that one of my rugs be more neutral in comparison to the other. It’s nice to add a bold rug on top of a more neutral-toned rug for a strong, eye-catching contrast.
3. Fill in the space. We’ve all got that one rug that we just don’t have the proper space for. If it’s a smaller rug, try throwing it on an a larger rug you’re already using, creating a nice focal point for the dead space that was originally in the middle.
4. Angle the top rug. When layering, it’s always nice to angle the top rug. This will create an illusion of more space. Make sure it’s angled enough that it looks like it was done on purpose.
5. Cowhide and furry accents. A great alternative for smaller spaces is using a cowhide on top of an existing rug. Cowhides are also a great way to separate a space. For example, we have a large living room rug and our dining room is directly connected. Rather than separating the space too much, we placed a cowhide at an angle under the dining room table.
I hope you’ve enjoyed these tips on rug layering. I’d love to hear any more tips that you’ve been using in your own home! Share your ideas in the comments.
Sara (Editor of Style MBA)
For more, connect with Sara on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.area rugs, bedroom, bold color accents, colors, cow print, Decorating with rugs, Dining room, home accents, living room, neutrals, Rugs
You might also like
Grip-It Ultra Stop Non-Slip Rug Pad for Rugs on Hard Surface Floors, 8 by 10-Feet
Furniture (MSM Industries)
Ustide Grey and Purple Area Mat for Home Kitchen Durable Modern Rug Thick High Quality Doormat for Kitchen Bathroom Small
Hughapy® Home Decorator Modern Shag Area Rugs Super Soft Solid Living Room Carpet Bedroom Washable Rug and Carpets,80 * 120cm (SaddleBrown)
Tribeca by Home Dynamix HD5382-539-2N Elegant Design High Quality Area Rug
Furniture (Home Dynamix -- DROPSHIP)
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914900